– The average failure rate of disk drives is 100% – ALL DRIVES WILL EVENTUALLY FAIL!
– Only 34% of companies test their backups and of those who do, 77% have found failures.
– Over half of all critical business data resides on unprotected PC desktops and laptops.
– Only 25% of users frequently back up their files, yet 85% of those same users say they are very concerned about losing important digital data.
– More than 22% said backing up their PC’s was on their to-do list but they seldom do it.
– 1 in 25 notebooks are stolen, broken or destroyed each year.
– Today’s hard drives store 500 times the data stored on the drives of a decade ago. This increased capacity amplifies the impact of data loss, making mechanical precision more critical.
– 31% of PC users have lost all of their files due to events beyond their control.
*Source: VaultLogix, 1“2009 Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Survey”. Hughes Marketing Group. 2National Archives & Records Administration in Washington